What next for tutorials?!?

Hi All,
I have a tutorial on using Lottie animation in Pinegrow,as well as using Pinegrow Interactions to manipulate them, in the editing booth for release soon. Any other ideas for cool tutorials?
Cheers,
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Bob,

What about a tutorial about Bootstrap 5 Carousel with Interactions Animation on the overlay text. But all in Vanilla JavaScript, because jQuery is gone in Bootstrap 5.

This is the example I made with the Bootstrap 4 Carousel and Interactions, but this is still jQuery initialization:
https://yourweblab.nl/interactions-2/

Did you managed to have a look at the building system you downloaded from my site?

Warm Regards & Thanks,

David

Hey David,
I think I’ll wait until Pinegrow supports Bootstrap 5 before I go forward with that. :grin: Should happen fairly soon though!
Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,

As you can see Bootstrap 5 is the version to use now!

Bootstrap 4 is added to the previous releases: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/versions/

Unfortunately they use the word Beta, so a lot of people mistake this with not ready yet, but at Bootstap this means ready to use there are no revolutionary changes made anymore and you can even buy the official templates authorized by Marc Otto the founder of Bootstrap with version 5 in it on the getbootstrap website:

Hi Bob ,
I would like to see more wordpress tutorials.
What i would like the most is how you convert a full theme to wordpress and make it fully modular with ACF.
So a homepage (not showing latest post like all the other tutorials and maybe add some custom posts using ACF repeater) , blog page , single blog page and contact page.

Also some tips with styling and changing the html of the widgets on the blog page etc from pinegrow.

Each time i convert a theme to wordpress something ends up not working and suddenly it works again so it would be nice to have a reference to check my conversion with the proper way to do it so i am sure i am doing it the right way and it’s not a bug.

So the end product should be something the clients can edit easy them self with gutenberg blocks,

A theme like this would be nice to see fully converted : Moderna Bootstrap Template Demo (bootstrapmade.com)

1 Like

Hi @beatngu,

Hope you realize that those templates have a terrible build quality and are old designs with a new jacket on. They are original Bootstrap 3 designs. That’s the reason you can have all templates for a lifetime for $ 99-

When you look at this theme:
https://bootstrapmade.com/bethany-free-onepage-bootstrap-theme/

It looks modern and even contains Bootstrap 5 but when you look in to the source code of the website you discover the use of Owl Carousel a deprecated slider that is replaced by Tiny Slider 3 years ago::

Owl Carousel is not updated for years and buggy as hell. Bootstrap 5 doesn’t use jQuery so the idea is to use all dependencies in Vanilla Java Script. Owl Carousel is also jQuery. The replacement of Owl Carousel (Tiny Slider) is written in plain JavaScript so that is what you want now.

I would advice to build the template your self in Pinegrow with the new building blocks and Interactions animations (that contains sliders etc. too). Specially for a tutorial it makes more sense to build it in Pinegrow and then convert to WordPress.

Regards,

David

@AllMediaLab @beatngu
Also, we have recently introduced some very clean Bootstrap 4 & Tailwind templates AND blocks to build your own, directly included with Pinegrow, and some awesome new ones coming soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes that’s what I am saying in my post!

I would advice to build the template your self in Pinegrow with the new building blocks and Interactions animations (that contains sliders etc. too). Specially for a tutorial it makes more sense to build it in Pinegrow and then convert to WordPress.

1 Like

Hey there,
I just used one as example to get a idea on what pages etc the tutorial could include.
I don’t use any themes form there myself but this was the first thing that popped up in search.

Oh :smile: I sleep better now! :wink: