What workflow(s) are Pinegrow users using (PG/Editor/FTP/etc.)

@Beemerang try adding you question to this topic.

1 Like

Yep, that worked. Thank you!

Well I guess post you question here until we figure out why you can’t create a topic yourself. I’ll rename this topic to match you question once you’ve posted it if that is of any help to you.

Thanks Rob

It was a general enquiry actually, I come from Rapidweaver so I’m interested to hear about the workflows that people use to develop sites with PG, which code editors, FTP clients etc. I seem to have quite a learning curve ahead of me as I have not done any real handcoding using HTML/CSS and I’m trying to figure out the best way to get started.

1 Like

@Beemerang here’s some results from a search for workflow on the forum workflow search results

1 Like

Personally I use a combination of Pinegrow, Coda, MAMP, Codekit which so far more than covers my needs (I work on a mac). I’ve also installed Atom and the Pinegrow/Atom plugin recently and that has a lot of positives.

1 Like

Thanks, @rob. My apologies, I should have done a proper forum search before asking. Appreciate your help though.

Not a problem, I think it is probably a very good question for the Beginners category and hopefully will be of help to others in the future. I’d be interested in seeing what others will post here because everybody has a different set up and approach to the web design process. So it’s avery suitable starting post.

What is you current workflow? Maybe add that and others might comment on it!

Thanks for the kind words. I’m so new to PG, that I’m still figuring out the interface. :slight_smile:

I’m working my way through a web design bootcamp course on Udemy which includes HTML/CSS and JS. Since it also includes a section on Bootstrap I figured that it would be the ideal introduction to using Pinegrow to the fullest.

Since I have never used the PSD/Mockup to code design approach I figured I’d try and figure out how it works by looking at other users’ approaches.

Thanks for engaging with me and giving your inputs.

1 Like

I think that’s a very good idea. What’s the udemy course, I might already have purchased it and I can go through it, that way if you have any questions I’ll be better able to assist you if you require some input.

1 Like

It’s the Web Developer Bootcamp course by Colt Steele. Seems to be pretty comprehensive?

Thanks Rob, I really appreciate your willingness to help.

Just my luck… I’ve 144 courses bought on udemy and that isn’t one :joy: oh well, just bought it so now I have 145 courses.

1 Like

Haha, you sound exactly like I would if I had a bigger budget! :smile:

1 Like

Holy Cow! and I thought I was a Udemy Addict!- now if only I had enough internet to actually view my courses! gah!
phone connections are somewhat limited.

2 Likes

As for learning and Udemy, @Rob if you have 145 courses under your belt then you have more than enough knowledge to add some more Pinegrow courses at Udemy. :wink: Or maybe @Emmanuel can add more.

There are many good free resources around as well, here are just two examples:

@rob, as far as Coda and Pinegrow, do you work with them conjunctively and simultaneously just referencing the same file(s), or how does that work? I use Transmit (FTP) from them, I guess it’s time to maybe take a better look at Coda as well.

You might also like to review some of these:
browsersync, anvilformac, hammerformac, prepros, scotch box, , etc.,

1 Like

@Pinegrow_User if I could get clear on what the objective of a course I might create would be I’d be all over creating one. I must look at it and see if I have what it takes.

When using PG + Coda I tend to use Coda for css. Sometimes it just means refreshing the view in PG.

Look around the forums here and do something people are asking about. It doesn’t have to be a full fledged course, could just be a couple minute youtube videos showing how to do the requested X. OR take all those requested X’s and put together a syllabus to design your course from.

And @Rob , if you do create a video- - remember your mic

1 Like

@Terry44 I hadn’t thought of that, very good suggestion.

My (more or less) current workflow:
Note: MAMP Pro is currently replaced with Local (https://local.getflywheel.com/)

2 Likes