What's the best process for taking a PG project from the desktop version to the WP Plugin and vice versa?

I’ve been following the various posts and videos leading up to the WP Plugin release and am now diving into it.

I have a project I’ve been working on with the desktop version and now want to bring it into the plugin version. What’s the best way to do this? I zipped up the entire project and imported it into the plugin but every time I export the theme I get a message saying:

Project export failed:

This is not a Pinegrow project. Use Pinegrow Settings - “Do not check if the project was exported by Pinegrow” to export projects created with the beta version of Pinegrow plugin.

I was expecting a feature in the desktop version of something like ‘Export project’ but can’t find one.

How should I be doing this?

And also, what’s the best practice for doing it the other way round (exporting from plugin and importing into desktop)?

Can anyone get back to me on this?

The process is simple: You just have to ZIP a Pinegrow desktop project so you can import it into the plugin. “And Just Like That…” you have your desktop project available from the plugin.

BUT … as you can see from the feedbacks on the forum, we are having some minor problems with a paint that is still a bit too fresh in the plugin but I confirm that we are working very hard to make the experience as smooth as possible in the coming hours.
Just a little bit more patience.

Thanks @Emmanuel. Yeah, I’ve read all the posts but wasn’t sure if my issue was because I was doing it wrong. No problem waiting for an update. You’re all doing an awesome job.

In case it’s helpful, I can confirm that the 1.0.2 update has fixed the issue and my project is working perfectly in the WP plugin. :+1:

2 Likes