5.97: CSS Grid behaves differently

I don’t really understand the interest of bringing this at this precise moment, but indeed, around June 2019, the systematic proselytizing of some people about a third party application - on the Pinegrow forum - seemed inappropriate to me and I didn’t really understand the interest of such a discussion if it was to systematically denigrate Pinegrow compared to what else existed.

I confess that I regretted it a bit at the time, it certainly didn’t deserve the interest I had for it, but all this took place in June 2019, you have a stubborn grudge :slight_smile:

For the rest, it seems to me that we’ve been through this topic, and sincerely, I’d rather talk about the great features of Pinegrow and why not about the way you use them on a daily basis :slight_smile:

Nope not at all. But I do find it odd that you have tred to frame things that way by using such wording. You instead have chosen to mistake basic memory associated directly to your own relative comment above that I quoted. All I did was reference a singular example from memory that did not really match your own words in your response to me. That should be easily clear in the full context of things. :wink:

As I said, I regretted it, it certainly did not deserve the interest I had shown at the time. Since that very episode, I have certainly moved in the right direction, so my answers here today.

This will therefore be my last word on this thread which is beginning to take proportions far from the original subject.

note: If you want to talk with me about this, please contact me directly (emmanuel at pinegrow), it will be a pleasure. (In the mean time, you are still welcome to share your experience / workflow with Pinegrow in a dedicated topic.)

Sounds good @Emmanuel and as I told @matjaz privately it was somewhat disappointing by contrast that you let a certain recent thread linger that you were present for. So perhaps you can look within yourself to make sure you don’t have within a ‘stubborn grudge’ against me. But as you know I have never hidden my point of view towards the caring pressence around here. Yet remain optimistic and steadfast in wanting Pinegrow to succeed and be fruitful for all users. Assumedly like yourself and all the involved developers. I think my license is good until 2023 so with needed patience we’ll see what unfolds.

Thanks for the chat and all the best to you, stay safe out there! :mask:

Thanks for the hot fix.
I use css grid as the main feature to build layouts and I know more and more developers and web designers has gone full css grid usage. For many of us PG pioneering css grid implementation was one of the heavy reasons for choosing this awesome tool.
I am sure dev team knows the importance of this feature and I hope they keeps on enhancing it.

2 Likes

Hi, how can you tell if this hotfix has been applied after a restart?
PG still shows 5.97 in version number of About.

It should just happen auto-magically if you open the app while connected to the internet.

Thanks, but doesn’t answer question.

I think that the only way is to open the inspector.

Last line of this screenshot indicates that the patch is applied.

Thanks @RobM I also considered mentioning using the inspector, but are there cases in which the hot fix would fail to load that such investigation becomes relavent if a user has an active connection to the internet? Aside from the server going down from which its being servered.

Not that I can think of.

1 Like

Reminder: This is a VERY temporary (and convenient) workaround whose purpose is to provide a very quick response to an urgent issue.

The next version of Pinegrow will of course integrate this fix in the code and it will no longer be necessary to be online.