An online course provider -Devlsopes! I wondered what happened

Ok, well after the recent exploration of Pluralsight.com courses, - which I enjoyed, but couldn’t help but notice that a lot of the courses with regards us and web stuff was about 3-5 years old -ie, prior to the introduction t some of our latest, funky technologies, I decided to sort through the courses I had enrolled on, free. purchased, parts of bundles I had bought etc.

OMG…I have sooooo many!

Am I alone in thinking that by OWNING the CONTENT…I’ve absorbed the knowledge? _Osmosis?

WEll… it would appear,to not be so! Evidently…
But then I was checking through my coursework where I had tried and came across

devslopes.com course… On Web development
But I’m damned if I could log in or indeed remember much about it…so Ive been hunting and came across this

https://code.devslopes.com

in particular, This particular post - Is DevSlopes dead?

Oh! I thought.
Well that is a pretty honest reply…and probably why I cant find any link to my course content from some time ago. Although I do remember thinking the instructors approach was a bit .random, you know
*hey! yeah, we are gonna build this cool thing and *…blah blah.

So, this has made me think about getting my mojo on with some of these other courses…before the other providers also go belly up.

Has anyone else had course provider collapse?

And what do you guys think of the whole you can do it ! Via online courses approach?

Bearing in mind that only about 5 people ever respond on here, out of a user base of …probably quite a few more!

Success stories anyone?

@schpengle: Last I checked, was, in order to be dead you first have to be alive…

… or, perhaps, pseudo-alive?!? So, I have this ad-blocker, from which I spied something…

And, lo and behold, if devslopes isn’t a simple seller of goods? (which isn’t a crime).

However, now is your chance to be your own reseller of information (which you have too much of by now) with how many courses you’ve been advertising and taken over the years.

Perhaps this might help… thinkific dot com – you never know. :cowboy_hat_face:

Anyway, sometimes I think we’re in the wrong business…
reading all of this stuff instead of selling it. Your opinion?

1 Like

Well, …ummm. was just thinking ,
MAAAYbe… I could actually pile into my until now redundant course catalogue…
…as part of a new years resolution thing.

But then realised, thats how I bought some of them.
meh!
and didnt that go well.

Devslopes appears to have exploded like a small firecracker…underwater.>(yeah, I know, gunpowder produces its own oxygen but… oh! NSA scan alert! - and Hello night shift at GCHQ -good to know you still have a sense of humour at this time of night guys…)

mmm, thinkythingy… never seen that site before, I simply LOVE the CURLY SERIF FONT they have used… (GET ME THE HEAD OF DESIGN!>…in HERE…> RIGHT NOW!)

and yes.
I am most definitely in the wrong business… I shoudl be trading in horse poo.
My future would then be looking rosey… since they like Horse poo…

1 Like

I think you’re actually pretty close…

There’s this skunk coffee, and then there’s this elephant coffee…
How-abouts some horsey-coffee??!?

I don’t know who will do the separating of the beans from the… uh…
yeah, that stuff! But, ya’ never know – if the price is right?!

Well…I just went to compose a whitty retort… involving Horse Beans
as an alternative to plain old coffee beans…but
Oh my EYES!

… i recommend NOT searching Horse Beans in DuckDuckGO…

Well, if cow pies and rocky mountain oysters have anything to do with it, I take your word for it. Although there is this slight tinge of allure – I’ll pass!

1 Like