Anyone know how to integrate Kirby CMS?

I am trying to find best work flow to integrate Kirby CMS (flat file) into a Pinegrow design. Is it best to clone the site and slice it up or is there a better way to implement within the original files? Open to any suggestions.

I love Pinegrow and Kirby and just trying to put them together. :slight_smile:

A $109+vat license is valid for a single Kirby installation, running on a single domain.

Are you really sure that you are willing to take this route? WP is free and the PG Theme Converter for WP is ‘still’ a one-off payment (far as I know).

Why not try something else if you want to avoid WP like the plague? How about something free like JOCMS?

I don’t use JOCMS; I purchased PG TC for WP, and will go the WP route when the time comes.

Use JO at your own risk. I have heard no negatives. It is free and open-source… unless you really have a reason to go with Kirby or another subscription or as such, a limited license like Kirby CMS.

note: rant over… let me take a look.

From what I see, you will be integrating the output from Pinegrow into Kirby (basically using PG as a glorified editor).

If you get familiar with the Kirby CLI (command line interface) you can save a lot of time loading what you need from Kirby into your project quickly.

There are a few text files that you have to write such as the various headers, tables, paragraphs and other text that you won’t need anything more than a text editor for.

Other areas where you want to include html and cms, sure ga and use PG for that. A lot of what you do inside Kirby is template and module based.

It’s important that you use as much of Kirby that’s included, as it’s already designed to work well together.

There is a lot of power for $109 that’s included, so overall you’re really buying into a good toolkit for a one-time fee. So over 2 years and additional $5 per month isn’t all that bad.

If you get somewhat good at Kirby, I could see where you could fairly easily make some coin commercially. At this point the extra $109 per website doesn’t matter whatsoever.

I should also add this very important “While the site is in development, according to the TOS, you don’t have to pay a dime to integrate Kirby CMS”.

Meaning that you can create as many Kiby sites as you want – even working demos are free of charge! Once you sell the site, pay the $109+vat and it’s all golden.

Whenever you’re ready to use PG with Kirby, simply open up the folder that houses the file that you want to edit, then click on the file you want to modify and start typing away.

The detour was fun… now I must get back to work for another couple of hours. :slight_smile:

Kirby CMS looks real promising.