Fluent forms, social feedback and notification plugins

Hi again! I’m ready to begin a larger project with Pinegrow and the documentation on how to build a theme is great so I feel I’ll be okay in that respect. But the one question I haven’t been able to find the answer to is what I do when I wish to add third party plugins into the website. Forms, in particular, require you to insert short code into your page to use that feature. What would be the approach to adding third party plugins into a website?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hi @Hannah,

So you’d just add the plug-in as normal in WordPress and then if you’re building in pages in the Gutenberg editor you’d just ad the short codes there. On the other hand, if you’re buliding out template pages in Pinegrow you’d add the short codes by adding a “PHP Code” action to an element like a DIV and then add the shortcode in there.

For an example of this, I recently used the Search & Filter plug-in to add some features to my post loops on a recent project. Here’s a screen shot of what that looks like in Pinegrow and also one of the front end.

Hope this helps!

That does help! That you for the advice. I am building out template pages and was wondering how I would add external code to them.

1 Like