How well do Pinegrow and the Buddypress plugin work together?

I’m wondering whether the pinegrow wordpress theme builder can be used effectively with the well known Buddypress plugin or that it requires PHP knowledge to do so for full effect. Anybody tried this?

Hey there Roel, did you ever find the answer to this question? I am looking into installing Buddy Press.

1 Like

It’s been a few years since I’ve used BuddyPress, so I’d love to hear from someone with recent experience. From what I remember and what I see on their documentation page, there is nothing that would prevent them from working together. That said, BuddyPress is pretty complicated, and you’ll probably need to create a bunch of extra templates and custom code to make it look and work the way you want.

1 Like

Sorry to dissapoint but I never got around to actually trying this… Also, this was 5 years ago so even if I had I doubt I’d remember.

However: since then I’ve sharpened my PHP skills so I wouldn’t have to rely on Pinegrow as much anymore as I would have back then. So for me this is a little less relevant today though I’d still like to know as I’m always down for symplifications in workflow.

Cool beans, I will report back here with my findings. Thanks for your reply!

Hey Roel, one more question, are you still using Buddypress or did you build your own social platform?

I am just now researching the Buddypress Blocks movement. I am not sure how far along they are in their progres… Wondering if we could use Pinegrow to make BP blocks? The road to BuddyPress blocks · BuddyPress.org

No, like I said, the whole BuddyPress thing remained more or less theoretical at my end.