INTERNET CENSORSHIP LAWS- Do you know about this EU proposal- UPDATE-Ha! it got turned down-this time

You have a story to tell that I could never do justice to, anymore than if you were a refugee telling me about your harrowing journey and ultimate xenophobic persecution in a land free of daily cluster bombings.

I can only visualize your experience if I overlay my imagination onto some kind of Netflix MI5 series overdrive.

So yes, my experiences do pale by comparison, yet I am glad that you make it clear to me that any individual’s personal trauma is rarely felt, let alone known about, by the masses.

Thank you for sharing yours, even if it has made me feel somewhat less confident in the protection offered by governments to presumably secure us.

They are the worst… really.
One countries Governments are another lands/ people’s oppressors.

Iraq invaded Kuwait…oh hang on! Britain CREATED Kuwait. it didnt exist.

Israel / Palestinian Conflict… oh hang on! Britain Created Israel after the war!

Northern Ireland troubles … OH hang on… etc etc etc.

…all these situations created by a Government.
it doesn’t matter which one, which land,
the Methodologies employed are usually less than altruistic.

and! on a lighter note , it was sunny here today! just dont ask about the horses…
And how the devil are you over there in Canada anyway.

Are you somewhere nice and rural or buried in … Concrete jungle land?
ah Sudbury! I shall google that now!

aren’t profiles great!
Mine is probably totally barren :slight_smile:
I was just chatting to @Printninja on here about locations and rural stuff so shall look where you are now.

1 Like

oh god! the colour of that water… the land… and of that …massive open cast/quarry thing…oh god.

HANG ON!
… that road…it says big nickel mine drive

er
I Live near Clydach, South Wales…
There is a BIG …>Nickel Refinery here!
built in 1902… that processed Nickel ore…from… CANADA!

click the show more link on there.

I wonder…where the Ore came from.
Oh Dear!
more

The mond Nickel works that I grow up looking towards…
the Stack used to empty out and burn my Grandmothers Hedgerows and trash her laundry on the Line, and now I find out THIS

HOLY CRAP!

Sudbury… your Nickel ore…came to …my … Village!!
WTF

Ludwig van Mond, bought the mine in Sudbury , Ontario Canada near You @Farscaper , Near Crean hill, to the West of Sudbury,
at the same time as he was building the Refinery in Clydach Wales, uk , near me, @schpengle!

At the turn of the centruary…oh! hang on , the PREVIOUS centuary! 1899

https://republicofmining.com/2015/05/04/inco-history-mond-the-man-the-process-the-company-by-marty-mcallister-inco-triangle-september-1989/
http://www.sudburymuseums.ca/triangle/?home

damn I’m a good researcher.

anyway…

is the Minnow lake alive?

I dont think ill be packing bags and checking my passport just yet…
BUT!

You do have a Little Britain!
yes, that seems suitably messed up.

well we actually had a Sit Com over here (if that is how it pronounced/written/screamed)

Called…
little_britain

which aimed to poke fun at the standard character types we have over here.

oh never seen this one.
good it mocks your neighbours

Oh! I just found out there was an American Spin off of it over in the US, and these are deleted bits of that.
I never knew. Ive never had a TV so, viewing is…sporadic. To say the least (like every few months)

Although I’ve now lived here for over 30 years, it’s not where I’m originally from, which is Oakville, Ontario. I don’t much miss what that has become, by way of a teaming stream of cars.

This city of 150k is remote by comparison and has actually improved since I arrived. It was once a barren rocky landscape, laid waste by acid rain created during the smeltering of nickel for a century (high sulphur rock content).

A huge stack once blew the stink further away but now they have better scrubbing tech so they actually plan to take our landmark icon down. That an a major regreening effort are making the area look more natural again but there is still a way to go.

I’ve planted over ten thousand seedlings out where I live over the years and now have a forest. Seemingly small annual efforts really can make a difference even though everyone thinks they came up naturally.

I love British shows but find that one too hilariously cringe-worthy. Of note, we also have a Little Italy and other ethnic clusters within our largely French community. The mines brought many cultures together over the years.

Good stuff! Thanks.
and yep. that wasn’t my favourite show either. Never seen any of the contents before ,and yes ! totally cringeworthy… that’s why you got it :slight_smile: