I think it would be worthwhile if Pinegrow offered a feature to instantly display an entire predefined array of device sizes, and also a user input defined array of device sizes for responsive development. To expand further the benefits of the Multiple Views feature.
It would be nice to have the ability to simultaneously open an array of device sizes to view, adjust and develop responsively across the current active page view.
Additional Features Like:
- Open Array of Devices - From Default Array or User Defined Array
- Arrays could also be predefined and segmented into groups like: Phones, Tablets, iOS, Android, etc.,
- Devices shown at 100% size - Width & Height
- Toggle synchronized Scroll of all device views at once, so all Scroll together, or singularly
- Toggle synchronized Rotation of all device views at once, so all Rotate together, or singularly
- User Scroll across all Views, Horizontally and Vertically
- Cascaded and Packed/Repack accordingly of the overall view in Pinegrow
I think these basic aspects may be something to seriously consider. I’m not sure if it could be tied into the existing Multiple View workflow, or need a different entry point. But it seems like a worthwhile feature based upon the current Multiple View workflow, yet expanding it further for even faster development in Pinegrow.
I posted regarding this concept in this former thread about SizzyApp.
Here are a few others similar to SizzyApp with multiple devices and similar concept.
Emmet Re:view + Emmet LiveStyle
Responsive Viewer - based upon Emmet Re:view
Also here are some device size lists, if you are interested in adding more or other devices to the defaults and within this array concept. There might be some other worthwhile devices and popular common sizes amongst these to consider.
I think the ability to simultaneously open an array of device sizes would aid in the concept of Pinegrow’s Multiple View feature, yet expanding it further for even faster responsive development in Pinegrow.
Thanks in advance for the feature consideration @matjaz.