New page automatically adds unwanted Bootstrap

My index.html uses Bootstrap, but I don’t want to use BTS in my indexAction.html which PG automatically detects and adds. I deactivated BTS, but it still shows in PG.
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 2.10.02 PM
Any other way to avoid PG adding BTS or do I need to put the indexAction.html in a new folder?

Hi @kat,
How are you creating the indexAction.html page? Pinegrow shouldn’t automatically add Bootstrap. If you do an “Update resources” it will ask if you want Bootstrap added to all files in the project.
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

I added indexAction.html, css & js in VSC. When I opened PG, it detected BST & added it. I turned off BST, & removed it in VSC.

1. So if I use a PG index.html rather than making one in VSC it’s better because PG “sees” things like the interactions presentation birds image. Birds don’t show in my VSC index.html - correct?

2. Watched your terrific codepen tutorial. Clarification on snippet please.
    Html>pug>drag to tree>right click> select snippet? When do I make a new css & js (in VSC?) and link them to html.

Hi @kat,
I have to look back at my codepen tutorial again, but until then can you clarify what you mean by:

Thanks,
Bob

Hi @kat,
With regards to VSC vs PG new page. It shouldn’t matter. The same code will be added to the page either way. Not sure what the steps were to create a problem in the page view. Created a page in VSC, activated Interactions in PG, and then dragged the block in?
Bob

Hi @kat,

So, not quite sure where the “pug” comes in. Basically, you want to add any HTML to the Page View before doing the right-click to add as a snippet. In that video I brought the code into the Code Box in the Library panel. I could also elect to enter pug into that box if I wasn’t copying something from another page. Overall though, you have the order correct. The CSS and JS are independent of the snippet. They can be added at any time, either from within Pinegrow or using VSC. A snippet just provides reusable HTML in the Library.
Hope this helps,
Bob

I thought coping the codepen html into the pug.
“I brought the code into the Code Box in the Library panel”
Seems I have my terms wrong. What is Code Box?

The Code box is the large box at the top of the Library panel. You can type either HTML, Pug, or Emmet (with the option turned on) into the box. Both Pug and Emmet are short-hand versions of HTML.

1 Like

When I opened indexAction.html BTS was in the head. BTS is activated in the root index.html of my site and there are root level BTS, BTS-theme, BTS MC folder. I “deactivated BTS,” reopened, and it’s back (JAWS music here).

<link rel="stylesheet" href="pgia/components/controls.css"/>
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="pgia/components/presentation.css"/>
        <link href="bootstrap_theme/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
    </head>

Guess I’ll have to put it into a folder if I want to eliminate BTS.

This seems like odd behaviour, but I’m not sure I can help from what you have posted here.
Bob

1 Like

I’ve already moved everything into a new folder. When I complete it I’ll move it back and if PG wants to add a link to BST hopefully it won’t affect anything.

Though I have notice BST is often added as the last item in the head. Doesn’t that mean it overrides previous css?

Yes, the last stylesheet loaded will override rules of the same specificity.

1 Like