Pinegrow Live doesn't work with Atom

Hello,

I’ve been using Pinegrow with Atom, as described here: Atom and Pinegrow Web Editor, the Perfect IDE for the Web

The connection perfectly works with the regular latest version of Pinegrow (version 6.21), but not with Pinegrow Live. When I’m running Pinegrow Live with Atom, Atom notifies it’s connected to Pinegrow, but whenever I make an action, nothing happens, except the ‘Didn’t yet received parser module from Pinegrow.’ error message gets displayed in Atom.

Pinegrow Live is a nice addition, but it’d be great if I could also use it with Atom just like the regular version. May I expect a fix for this, or is there anything I can do to make it work?

Thank you in advance,
Márton Lente

Hello,

Any update on this?

Thanks in advance,
Márton Lente

Hi @martonlente,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This feature works for me. Can you try and select the “Reconnect to Pinegrow” menu item in Atom with both programs open? It is located in the Packages → Pinegrow menu.
Cheers,
Bob

Hello,

Thanks @RobM . I tried, and the connection was actually successful. (Whenever I click ‘Reconnect to Pinegrow’, the connection-confirmation message is shown.) However, the issue still exists: When I do anything in Pinegrow (or vice-versa I click ‘Ctrl + Alt + P’ in Atom), this ‘Didn’t yet received parser module from Pinegrow.’ error message gets displayed.

Do you have any idea what can be the reason for this?

PS: I’d like to confirm again, that I also have the regular latest version of Pinegrow (version 6.21) installed, in that connection works fine.

Thanks,
Márton Lente

Hi @martonlente,
I’m still not able to replicate the issue. Can you screenshot the notice? Given that you can connect Pinegrow to Atom I don’t think it can be anything in your settings. Are there any Devtool messages?
Cheers,
Bob

Hi @martonlente,

What’s your Pinegrow internal server port number? Different from the default 40000?

Also, have you got both Pinegrow stable & liv version open the same time? Do you face the issue if you have only one of them open?

Hello,

Thanks for the tips!

@RobM I’m sending a screenshot about the notice. (It happens exactly when I’m doing anything in Pinegrow Live.)

@TechAkayy the URL that’s setup in Atom to access Pinegrow API is the default, which is http://127.0.0.1:40000 . The connection works fine with both versions, but in Pinegrow Live the issue above exists. To me it seems, only the first Pinegrow instance I launch connects to Atom – so that it doesn’t matter if both software are open at the same time or not (only one of them is connected).

Thanks,
Márton Lente

Thanks @martonlente for the details, but just to re-confirm - you did have only pinegrow live open (and not the regular pinegrow app) and still getting the above error? Also, did you get the “Connected to Pinegrow” info message at the start?

In Pinegrow console, what do you get for - pinegrow.getApiUrl() ?

Hello @TechAkayy ,

Thanks for your ongoing support! I can confirm both are correct, yes –

I’m not sure how I could access Pinegrow console – can you help me, please? I remember there was a Chromium DevTools integrated to PG in earlier versions, that also came with a JS console, but I thought it’s no longer part of the software. Or do you reference something else?

Do you think uninstalling Pinegrow desktop, and reinstalling Pinegrow Live only would be worth a try?

Thanks,
Márton Lente

Hi @martonlente,
You can get the DevTools by right-clicking on the Pinegrow logo in the upper-left and then selecting Inspect.
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry for my late response. In-between I tried uninstalling Pinegrow Desktop entirely, and reinstalling Pinegrow Live with no luck – the problem is still present.

Thanks @RobM for letting me know how I can access DevTools. @TechAkayy, the console does throw the following error, when the issue happens:
node exception Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘C:\Program Files\Pinegrow Web Editor Live\lib\crsa\pg-parser.js’

Do you have an idea how I could fix this? Is the referenced file maybe missing from the Live installer?

Thanks,
Márton Lente

Hello,

Update: By manually copying the file ‘pg-parser.js’ from Pinegrow desktop’s Program files folder to Pinegrow Live’s Program files folder (recreating the same folder structure ‘lib/crsa’), the issue seems to be resolved.

FYI Pinegrow Live’s Program files folder doesn’t have the ‘lib’ folder at all by default.

@matjaz is it possible, that the file above is missing from Pinegrow Live’s installer? The fix above works, but is quite dirty – it’d be good to find a cleaner solution, that works out of the box.

I’m on Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks,
Márton Lente

2 Likes

@martonlente thank you for debugging the problem. PG live doesn’t install code files locally by design, and instead load them from the server. I will change the code that sends the pg-parser.js to Atom and VS Code plugins to account for this.

1 Like

Great, thanks @matjaz in advance!

Kind regards,
Márton Lente

PG Live is now fixed and updated. Just restart it to get the latest version.
Matjaz

2 Likes

Wow, it was quick – tested, and perfectly works now. Thanks so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

Kind regards,
Márton Lente