Pinegrow Offspring -- Pine Seedling -- Designer App Coming?

What’s coming? Something like this: https://vimeo.com/302097974
Looks very interesting to me!

Hi @horman, nice to see you here again, not seen you for a long time on here.
What do you prefer/ or like more/less about blocks when compared to Pinegrow?

I have blocs 2.5 but didnt do enough playing with it to get a sound judgment call about it really to compare.

But I do know it is limited to Bootstrap only, but was good within that realm

I am simply curious about what will come, how it will be implemented and if its similar to blocs 3.

ah ok.well it kind of is.And its also kind of different.
Which is good, or all web apps would be the same.

… Imagine if all women were the same! oh god .
*or men, …if your a woman…or, …whatevers , if your anything else.

Blocs seems very similar to Bootstrap Studio, except that Bootstrap Studio gives you control over the code.

Whatever happened to this ‘sibling’? Has anything come of this? Have I missed something?

Yeah, we’re all already using it behind your curtains. :wink:

Just kidding, would love to get an update, too.

1 Like

Totally lost me on this! I’m beyond confused.

If it was a current announcement I’d probably be a lot more excited, but it does sound interesting to say the least.

I did look to see if this was an April 1st post, and it is not…

…or, perhaps it is??? Anyway, it’s been a while.

Kind of sad, possibly… we don’t own curtains, and never thought to buy any.

Curtains might be nice. I think the dogs might be ok with curtains.

I think this whole project might still behind curtains ready to be released. If it’s a great project or idea, I would surely hate to see it fade away into obscurity.

hmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

There is no reason to doubt if it’s true! When Matjaz (the owner of Pinegrow, the Pinegrow Master himself), is saying this and has confirmed that they are working on this new app idea. You can believe him on his blue / braun / green / grey eyes that the Pinegrow team is really working on it!

It’s also a fact that they are extending the Pinegrow Family, they already released 2 new products since then, “Pinegrow Theme Converter” and “Pinegrow Snapshots”.

So this new app PGS (or how it’s going to be called), will see daylight eventually one day. Good things take time and patience, and building a completly new app with a new philosophy and way of building things is not something you do in a few months. I’d rather they take the time to make a great quality product, than rushing things.

I’m also curious if there is any news they can/want to share with us at this moment, that would be nice.
Let’s wait and see if @matjaz is willing to give a status update and sharing any information about it.

@matjaz Btw If you need (at any point) alpha/beta testers, I like to volunteer and you can put me on that list. Of course on fully confidental terms, on not sharing any information till public release.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest :slight_smile:

As usual, things take longer than originally planned. And Pinegrow Web Editor remains our main focus, so everything else gets done with lower priority.

But, yes, we are still working on this app. It’s something I want for myself. Even as an expert web developer I often find myself wasting time dealing with layout and styling issues and wondering if things really need to be so complicated. So the app will be an attempt at that.

It’s still far from alpha / beta testing. Will let you know more when we get further.

7 Likes

@matjaz Thanks for the update, appriciate it!

I :heart: the Pinegrow products! Even though little is known about it, I know already I want this new product in my toolbox! No pressure, take the time you need (and I’m sure you do).

WoWzerz! Somebody actually thinking exactly what I have been thinking about this CSS styling stuff all along! It has really been a long time coming.

I’m so glad that this is being done here at Pinegrow by devs that I feel like I can trust, even though I feel like I am one of the last to arrive at the party.

Good one! And def looking forward to this PGSibling release.

It’s also a fact that this round I was able to purchase both of them. I did miss out on the Editor, though.

PGSibling is on my list… done hunting; now just waiting for the season to open so I can pull the trigger.

I’m sure there are others waiting for PGS.

Same here!
And I have yet to use either … but its nice to know that I’ve helped put food on the devs table (wine in their fridge… petrol in their Lamborghini… :smiley: )

And that one day, using their lovely lifetime licence deals might put some snacks on my own…
…maybe some crisps… or a prawn.

1 Like

…ain’t that the truth.

Or, maybe perhaps be able to afford your own bandwidth.

All those dogs they say, but on AA drug central I have never had a problem with anything coming up missing. People respect dogs that have teeth and a pack mentality.

Besides, I have yet to meet a dog that is a starving musician… they all get gourmet and love every day.

Some day we might could 'um… just be able to split a prawn or two possibly by airmail. If by snail mail, I’m afraid the snails might eat it 'fore it gets to us. :grin:

Heeheehee… I don’t eat bugs, not one of my delicacies. They are yours, ALL yours.

@schpengle How 'bout we ship you all of the bugs and the rest of us eat all of the prawns?

1 Like

This is my first post (not only on this site, but EVER), so I’m terrified.
But I think this “baby Pinegrow” is a GREAT idea. It would be a huge help to code-noobs like me. I’m extremely interested in seeing it come to life.

I come from a graphic design/ print background. (Was a magazine art director.) Web design came later. Have built two whole websites so far. Both using using Dreamweaver, the first in html, the second using CSS. Had to learn to code as I went. I’m only barely conversant in it. I couldn’t make the page do what I wanted, until I built a prototype page in Photoshop where I could see it visually, and went from there.

Ten years later, I’m jumping back into web-building again. I gave up on Adobe (now use Affinity products) and need something to replace Dreamweaver. So I’m looking at Pinegrow. I expect to buy it in the next few weeks. It seems like a really good product to use to bring my old website up to current modern specs. (Like responsive, for starters.) And to redesign it as well. And it will teach me about code as I go and get me more comfortable with using it.

But I don’t think in code. Not yet, anyway. So the visual part of Pinegrow is important to me. I would love to see this new product that STARTS with the visual. Hopefully use that for front-end development instead of Photoshop (er, Affinity Photo). Then take files from Baby Pinegrow into Pinegrow Pro for continued development of the code. That method makes a lot of sense to me. So I’d be wanting to buy BOTH products.

By the way, everyone on this site is great. I’m enjoying reading and learning from all of you, even if, at times, I can only just barely follow the concepts.

4 Likes

It’s always great to have “new blood” so to speak…
and that way I don’t feel so “new-ish”, not that it matters.

I’m certainly not from a direct designer background, but a hard-core programmer from the roots up since I was 17 and even earlier.

But I will tell you, that writing applications was always the thing to do. And we didn’t have to mess with any of this text-based voodoo on how to do something. Everything was graphics oriented.

AND it’s taken FOREVER for the browser manufacturers (if you can call them that) to catch up and they never seem to be in sync.

I, too, am coming back also (in my case) after throwing in the towel and giving everything time to develop.

I really believe that Matjaz hit the nail on the head when he said he’s looking to create this little baby. I am very much looking forward to PGSib… and welcome aboard.

And don’t let anybody resident expert wannabe’s tell you that you need to know this and need to know that… it all takes time. And besides, they don’t always know as much as they think they know.

Many are helpful, especially here on this forum. But, you might be looking at a mixture of software to get started.

I was an avid Frontpage user :gasp: back in the day!

1 Like

Yippeeee!!

I am VERY glad to see @matjaz’s update that they are working on an app that focuses on layout & styling websites.

Hopefully it will include:

• a spell-checker
  • a REAL file manager
  • a built-in FTP client
  • a find & replace tool
  • a site-wide link updater

And a hearty welcome to @SilverT - you’ll find this is NOT a scary place but a warm, friendly and very helpful place.

There seems to be a big push for spell-checkers lately.
Okay then, I’m on-board for a spell checker +1!

1 Like