Place PineGrow icon in Ubuntu Launcher

I’ve been using Ubuntu (running under Oracle’s Virtualbox VM) for about three months but find it unstable on my Lenovo Ideapad Flex-4 with 8GB RAM and a 250 GB SSD. I’ve removed Ubuntu and have installed Debian 10.1 (Buster) with the Xfce desktop and am finding it much more user friendly and stable: no app freeze-ups; has a built-in launcher creator which works pretty slick. The Xfce desktop offers numerous necessary apps with quick start up and shutdown times. Like all the other distros, it took a bit of tweaking to get it to look and work the way I want but found a lot of support and howto’s via Goggle.

I got a support response from Pinegrow about the Ubuntu 19.10 issue and learned that Pinegrow will test and support ONLY Ubuntu distros so I don’t know where the app is going down the road.

Last week, I built a complete website in Debian/Pinegrow on my Lenovo and found the experience very pleasant and without any issues - - as opposed to using Windows 10 which is slow and “cranky”.

Anyways, just a FYI for anyone interested.

2 Likes

hello randy, here to ask you how did you get to install the libgconf2-4 on 19.20. I have been trying with no luck. Any hint will be appreciated.
Thanks