Shopify theme development

Amazing skills, I am also a pinegrow user, actually I am a developer and working on my first Shopify project, but last time I got Shopify theme through Debutify discount codes for my friend, he is working for another project.

Hey, reading this interesting tread. Why don’t you guys think about something like Webflow to Shopify | Create Shopify Themes with Webflow | Udesly.com It could be a third-party plugin. The one on only for PG! we will love it and PG will be benefited from such a tool.
I know we have PG to WP but we are lacking Woocommerce customization.
Woo + Shopify are sharing the big cake of e-commerce platforms out there. After the pandemic, everyone wants an online store.
Anyway! wish you the best for whatever comes out of this.

1 Like

I’d love to see a Woocommerce support in PG first (with smart actions eg. for product image). That might be much easier to do because there is already a WP theme support.

1 Like

Hi All,
I was just looking at this for my own interest. It looks like Shopify has a fairly minor slice of the e-commerce marketplace - something less than 1 million stores, while Woo has something like 40 million stores.

Both seem like they could fit into the PG universe, although Woo seems like an easier out-of-the-box fit. Just some additional actions and a tie into the WP exporter (maybe, maybe this step wouldn’t be needed).

I guess the end question is whether anybody is theming/building Woo outside of a major Page Builder like Divi or Elementor, plus how much people are going to the big independents like Wix or Squarespace.

Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

It would be amazing to be able to manipulate Woo inside PG.
As for your statement

I guess the end question is whether anybody is theming/building Woo outside of a major Page Builder like Divi or Elementor, plus how much people are going to the big independents like Wix or Squarespace

The same logic could be applied to why would anyone use PG to create a WP theme when you have faster solutions out there like Oxygen or Elementor…
Well it depends, these page builders usually load a lot of junk code making sites chunky slow plus not giving you total control over design.
As for Wix and Squarespace…I guess it is a good choice if you want everything working out of the box and you are willing to pay as they are not free.

1 Like

While I respect Divi/Oxygen/Elementor as Page Builders for WordPress - I’m not totally behind them for themeing. They have a lot of constrictions and not a lot of ability for people to use the customizer. Basically, making Divi/Oxygen/Elementor pages into a theme requires that the end user of the theme knows Divi/Oxygen/Elementor. Making a theme with PG means that the end user needs to know how to manipulate WordPress.

I guess the same argument could be made for incorporating Woo into PG. But, I’d still really like to know what the customer base would be. The technical debt would be kind of high. Woo changes up their API quite often. That means a lot of updates. If it only brings a handful of customers, is it affordable?

Totally agree. PG really “force” you to understand how WP works and this is good.
And yes, I guess the tech burden to develop and maintain such a thing would be too high and economically inviable for PG unless some 100000 new users jump in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be one of the first to jump in :wink: Isn’t it a PG advantage to create a real WP theme unlike page builders like Elementor? And aren’t these Page Builders quite slow?

2 Likes

I really think woo should be a part of pg.
Woo is a huge part of wordpress and now each time a client wants a shop i have to use something else to handle it such as elementor or oxygen and that takes away the whole point of using pg to make a custom theme if i still got to use a page builder or built if from scratch in oxygen.

Maybe it looks like it’s not worth it for a few customers but what about the potential to get 1000s of new customers due to the feature?

I bought pinegrow due to the awesome way it handles wordpress but woo has been on my wish list for years now.Due to this is still can’t rely on only using pinegrow.

I had hoped wordpress could speed up the development of gutenberg so we could handle woo with guntenberg blocks in pinegrow but atm it’s just to limited.At least they added the woo blocks but a shame they suck and wordpress are slackers when it comes to developing guntenberg compared to third party developers.

2 Likes