Tailwinds dropdown menu wordpress

Hi.

Pinegrow’s documentaion on Wordpress navigation menus does not mention Tailwinds.
Do you know if it is possible to make a Wordpress dropdown menu as easily as with Bootstrap?

Thanks.

Hey @Mickael,
I haven’t tried it, but it should be doable fairly easily with the smart menu. I’m thinking that only one level of dropdown will work without more customizing. Basically the Bootstrap menus are a little more automatic, but menus in any framework can be accomplished with the smart menu options. If you already have some menu HTML just let me know and I can help with the conversion.
Cheers,
Bob

Ok thanks.
I’m putting off my Taiwind project for a few weeks, I’ll give feedback at that time.
Have a nice day.

I don’t see anything in the wp_smart_navwalker.php to handle the dropdown menus. This has been a frustration of mine for a while, and I’m writing up a feature request now.

Maybe someone smarter than me can fork the walker and add support for dropdown menus, at least single-level dropdowns?

That would be nice :slight_smile:

Smart walker uses the first element as a template, and usually for dropdowns that doesn’t work. There would probably have to be at least three templete elements:

• The normal menu item (no dropdown, no sub items)
  • The menu item that has sub-items
  • The sub-item

Probably, some kind of solution could be created with the current walker and PG Interactions, where menu elements could be manipulated based on selectors, but would not be that pretty.