Uploaded fonts using @font-face won't show in the visual editor

Hello all,
so I have added these fonts in my stylesheet but they won’t show in the Visual Editor.
I have to go to the code and set them there manually.
If you have 5 or 6 custom fonts and you are trying them out it feels a bit annoying to write them manually in the style css every time you want to see them in the canvas. Not a big problems but having them show there would be nice.
Maybe I am missing something or doing something wrong.

Many thanks all.

3 Likes

This font “problem” does still exist. I wanted to make a new feature request but then I saw this older post.

It would be cool if fonts embedded with @font-face would be shown in the font selector. It would be even cooler if it was easier to import custom fonts. In Europe due to DSGVO Google Fonts is no option.

Would prefer to use fonts other than google fonts but not sure how to add them or use them.
Is there any tool in Pinegrow for adding fonts from other sources

It’s not a part of Pinegrow, but here’s a site that makes it easy to self-host fonts, using fonts you get from Googlefonts:

Copied from this Pinegrow Forum link:

1. Using some of the other links and info above led me (eventually) to find a really helpful font resource for anyone wishing to host their own fonts. It makes it easy to use Google Fonts, but lets you load them on your own site rather than linking through Google. Here’s link:

https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com/fonts

Site by Mario Ranftl I think it’s a GitHub project. Free, of course. And its AWESOME!

It lets you pick from any of the 972 Google Fonts, where you then:

Pick your Character Set,
Choose what Weights/Styles you want,
Decide on your level of support (Modern Browsers vs. Old AND Modern Browsers),
Then it makes the code for you (so you can copy/paste it into your CSS), and finally it
Puts the fonts you chose into a bundle to download straight to your hard drive. Done.

Very very good suggestion.
It’s a great tool that makes it very easy to integrate Google fonts in your HTML documents without the need to connect to Google servers.

Well it should be. I am in my Masters Program as an Instructional Designer and customizing fonts is part of the job. This is a vast oversite and as nice as this program seems to be, I will not purchase Pinegrow until this is possible.