Version 3 Feature Request: Save individual Workspace

Unfortunately, in version 3 it happens sometimes that - for no apparent reason - the workspace is reset. I try to reproduce that on occasion times.
In general, it would be very useful if you could save individual workspaces under its own name, in order to retrieve them quickly.

1 Like

Hi @fishmi what operating system are you using?

Windows 10, Version 1511, 64bit

As I said, I would try to reproduce the bug on occasion. Currently I have no desire to rearrange the workspace every time.

I have found even more minor bugs and issues. Should I post them here? Or do you have a public bug tracking system?

@fishmi you can report-bugs channel in Pinegrow Slack probably the best place to post them.

1 Like

And here is how to join the #slack community: http://docs.pinegrow.com/slack-invitation/

1 Like

Thanks, i will report it there

Is there a chance that individual workspaces can also be saved? That would be very helpful.

I agree. Workspace is very easily messed up.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.632 and do not experience this or at least I never noticed it if I have.

I am using the latest edition of Pinegrow 3.1.

Can you give more information on what you are experiencing so I can watch out for it here and see if I get the samething?

Iā€™m not saying it is a bug, but a feature request. I use 2 and sometimes 3 monitors and to best get the workspace to fit 2 monitors takes quite a bit of fiddling. It would be nice to then save that workspace.

I am using 3.11 on mac sierra and doing the same with 3 monitors - is fiddly for sure but the workspace is saved. If I shut down and reopen the workspace covers the same area and pallet positions once I open a project and file.

Yes of course the workspace is saved between closing and restarting the program. The request is to be able to save your workspace as a custom option on the dropdown menu where you have a choice of 2 columns, 3 columns etc.
Sony Vegas and WS-FTP are two programs that have this capability. Very useful to switch workspaces according to what you are doing at the time.

1 Like

@paulmarshall - Your post is what I was commenting on not the topic and it indicated to me that you were not able to keep the workspace you set up.

I would also like to see a option to save custom workspaces.
Have no problems with the auto saving but i switch from 2 to 3 monitors and it would be nice to just click a button when i want to go from using 3 monitors to 2.

Now i have stretched pinegrow out to use 3 monitors and this works ok but each time i want to use atom or a browser side by side with pinegrow then i have to resize everything to 2 monitors and that could be much easier if i could save workspaces .

since today I use 2 monitors instead of 1, editor left and the rest right screen maximized. If I switch between the browser and then back to PG then the right screen is not maximized anymore, the editor is still maximized. I then need to double click on the right PG screen to re-maximize, a bit awkward.
PG 5.99 Windows 10 Professional, left screen is 4K, right screen is 1920 max

WORKAROUND:
Do not maximize the 2nd screen with all the tabs in it. Resize it to almost 99,99% of the screen by using the screen handles then you keep the screen size!