Web Design on a budget

Yep, well said, like most of your other posts.
(I also have CS6 and likewise and I’m as proficient at it as I am at web design…umm…)

SO! do you have any hacks and the like that you have to employ? In order to keep going?
tweaks and whatnot?

that you’d like to share?
Or nope! everything just rolls sweetly at the moment, still :slight_smile:

and yeah, 10 year old is my newest machine. Oh well thats a lie.
I have inherited a Dell Laptop, Windows 7 MEGA ULTIMATE, Premium, whatever OS.
Also obsolete now I guess. Not sure how old that is. But It might get Linuxed.

I must check out what is the funkiest , nicest UI Linux at the mo.
I ran SuSe for years, God! tell me about having to create workarounds… wifi, ndisWrapper etc etc.
Jesus, just to get online.
So then went to Ubuntu for a while, but that is terribly slow on another here now.
so then checked up a basic GUI implemementation, Lubuntu. That flies.

so. may dual boot that windows laptop. Not sure if it would run Windows 10 without it feeling like it was in Treacle, and from what I’ve seen of that , the UI is just a horror show…

And yes, being a business owner first , yep, valid, the same as @Terry44 and @Thomas said, even though the latter is sideline kind of guy.

I may need to find a way with all this web stuff to generate some form of revenue (that is the plan after all) where I feel like it is beneficial for all involved, it is appreciated and most importantly

…I dont have to deal with mindless, egotistical idiots.

and the final part, is usually the sticky point…

Backup, backup, backup, because the older the system, the more likely there will be some unexpected, catastrophic failure at the worst possible time.

of couse, @schpengle, doesn’t everyone on here have a 2009 computer? I mean why pay for an upgrade if everything is working fine.

Win7 Professional, 8 GB (replaced once), ALL updates turned OFF!, free MS anti-virus, ohhh… and replaced HD with SSD (very important).

I run dual 1080p monitors, 7ms 60Hz and 5ms 75Hz… not much else to report. But my online server is up-to-date. :wink:

Wireless keyboard and meesers I can use with PC or Android S9+. Haven’t found much I cannot run, unless it involves the use of a graphics card GPU.

I will probably sink some $ :money_with_wings: into a custom PC in the near future for audio production.

I find it’s best to keep up with the limited bunch so that whatever I do is palatable for those on older systems.

Oh, I do have two 5 TB hard drives (chock-fullo-junk files).

Yes…quite.
My Time Machine has just reminded me that I haven’t backed up
via it…for 309 days!

Tomorrow!
But …we have the tail end of a hurricane moving in and I have been doing rooves and stable doors so that we can ratchet strap our Fine steeds to the floor to stop them flying away on a whim to the land of Oz, or …more than likely here right now…dissolving and oozing out of the field, disguised as paddling duck legs… jeez its wet.!

Now wait a minute… I live in the land of Oz, and quite frankly I like it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::tornado: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::wind_face::cloud_with_lightning::sunglasses:

Not many big stores close, but lots of bits and pieces around to assemble and make most anything.

'Round these parts it’s called redneck ingenuity. So yeah, I’m all 100% plus into Web Design on a Budget.

Like, well… is there anything else?! :rofl:

HA! The Ratchet straps worked… all horses still here,
but,
Keep your eyes out for some tin roofing sheets… and we might cause some seepage into Oz,
If our floors leak.

See?

Cows… with (Or rather, in need of) Snorkels (Note the total lack of tractor driving pandas- I was elsewhere - with horses)
…luckily my fin wearing horses are fine :slight_smile:
Oh and have fun pronouncing our Place names over here,
… they could be a close second in difficulty , to Polish.

here ya go :slight_smile:

and

Relevance to Topic, 0%
entertainment value 105%

PASS!

2 Likes

Seems on topic to me…
They’re pro-fesh-o-nal code divers, right?
On a budget that’s underwater, right?
Exactly on target.

I’m still laughing…even as I type.
Thanks @schpengle
Stay dry!

3 Likes