Are we going to be charged for every expansion of Pinegrow if we want it?

That is a good question. Giving the software for a low monthly subscription and then charge for everything after that is what seems to be the trend. It sort of nauseates me to think of this coming. I have already paid for two extensions and looking at the overall costs, makes me feel that Pinegrow’s own components may be losing its value because it is missing all components which would be essential for web development. The owner/developer of Pinegrow should explain what is the future of their software. Look at VS Code, its a world class example of good platform. Very soon, VS Code may take over!

I have no interest in Tailwind. I already expressed that in the thread where Matjaz made public what the team is working on.
What I’m interested in though is reduction of Pinegrow’s installation size. So would it be possible to make frameworks optional to install?
I do not use Foundation, I do not use Bootstrap, I do not use Tailwind. Also, I do not have a grudge or hate against these frameworks. I did buy the UIkit plugin because that is what I use, or Artisan HTML+CSS+JS+React. In fact the UIkit plugin was the main reason/attraction for me to buy Pinegrow Pro with Interactions and WP license.
Call me a minimalist. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Also, for existing licensees of Pinegrow, how is the Pinegrow team going to convince them to buy without a trial?

Existing users can try Tailwind Visual Editor by running PG in trial mode with Support -> Purchase and activate -> Tailwind Visual Editor -> Start trial.

The bulk of PG installation size comes from NWJS. Every new version grows in size and unfortunately we can’t do anything about that. The PG code including add-ons is tiny compared to that.

@mikes working with custom TailwindCSS themes is now supported:

4 Likes