FTP upload to hosting server

How do you upload your static website files to a hosting server in Pinegrow? I also use Bootstrap Studio, which has a simple intergrated tool to do this.

Hello there @fletch and Welcome to the forum.

I’m afraid there is no built in FTP client within Pinegrow.

IN order to achieve this, it is proposed you use a 3rd party, external FTP client.
There are several free and/or open source options to choose from.

Personally I use Filezilla

as well as some others.

This is design decision by PG devs as PG is part of a tool chain for web developers, not a replacement for the entire web dev environment. And, there is no point in creating and maintaining an already existing facility when it can be freely added to the tool chain.

Having said that , I do see the allure of a one extra button approach to PG to get something done, but then it must be maintained…

1 Like

Where are the files saved that need to be uploaded?

Well, that depends on where you saved them really.
If not sure, then in your PG app, if you click File>Save as
It SHOULD/could open up your Explorer/Finder app window at the currently used File location that you’re using/used last.
You can also decide a new location, create a folder and then save it to that.

Then, select the files/directories which you want to upload via your FTP application and omit those you don’t need uploading, such as any PG app specific files, to do with the running of the PG app itself and how it manages the site content and or display.

I forget now but they are usually prepended with something like pg_yaddayaddastuff

Well, that depends on where you saved them really.
If not sure, then in your PG app, if you click File>Save as
It SHOULD/could open up your Explorer/Finder app window at the currently used File location that you’re using/used last.
You can also decide a new location, create a folder and then save it to that.

Then, select the files/directories which you want to upload via your FTP application and omit those you don’t need uploading, such as any PG app specific files, to do with the running of the PG app itself and how it manages the site content and or display.
this will be evident by it having something like pg_ file/folder name here

Hi, I use Cyberduck. It’s easy and it works

http://ftpbox.org/
I use this tool free and straight.

If you are on a Mac you just “connect to server” in Finder.

Mountain duck https://mountainduck.io/ is a very powerful system that mirrors your site locally from your site like iCloud or Google Drive. In this way, you just publish in Pinegrow to the shared mirror drive and sync. I find it very useful. It cost a bit though.

2 Likes