Insert new header/footer in multiple files w Pinegrow?

I am trying to modernize an older html/css website. I bought an html/css theme, with multiple pages that I intend to adapt with my own text and images. I have successfully created my own header/footer for the index.html page. I’d like to copy this header/footer to all the other pages in the theme (i.e. do a global replacement). I’m looking for an easy way to do this. The only thing I can think of is to do some sort of simple global search and replace using Notepad++ with all my files open, but I’m wondering if there is an easy way to do this in Pinegrow? Any advice appreciated for a newbie.

Fred

I know this is an old post, but I just saw this and thought I’d give you a suggestion:
copy your footer to its own page

• copy your footer to its own page
  • click the little puzzle piece “Actions” icon and define this as a 'Component"
  • check both the update and map checkboxes
  • drag the component to your pre-bought template, replacing the existing footer.

Now, you can separately edit the footer component and it will update on each page you placed it.
You can do the same with nav bars etc
Info here > Search Results for “components” | Pinegrow Web Editor

2 Likes

Thanks, Steve. I can see how this might work. I’ll have to figure out how to insert the new header/footer components into each page. Maybe I have about twenty now, so it should be doable. Then, I assume that whatever changes I make to the components would be universally applied.

Again, thanks much for replying to this old question.

Fred

Pinegrow uses the header and footer from the index.html file (or other master page) to create the header.php and footer.php template files. You need to include a Site Content action in your template to tell it to use that header/footer, though. Check the link below for a more thorough explanation.

1 Like

Adam - Always appreciate your posts, videos and info. You have a great nack for explaining things that even a design-oriented beginner like myself can understand. I’ve been doing this for a while, but its all self taught with lots of Google-ing… LOL. Thanks for investing your time.
PS - Really liked the “Challenges for new Pinegrow users” thread

2 Likes