Introducing Pinegrow Interactions

Be aware that you can cancel any subscription to any of our products at any time and continue using the product until the end of the active/paid time … (Its valid for monthly subscriptions but also for yearly subscriptions)

However, there is a counterpart which is that the current price of the Interactions add-on is an “introductory price” that is destined to increase in the future (as told in our roadmap).

The road map

Although Pinegrow Interactions 1.0 ships with a powerful set of tools, few key features are still in development and will be released soon:

• Reusable interactions and animations. We’ll add a way to save whole interactions as well as individual animations into a project library and from there assign them to elements.
  • Reduce the file size of Pinegrow Interactions Javascript library as soon as GreenSock 3 reaches stability. Moving animation presets to above mentioned project library will provide additional file size savings.
  • Documentation with tutorials and examples.
  • Pricing. We’re launching Pinegrow Interactions with a very affordable pricing. As the feature-set and value of Pinegrow Interactions grows, we’ll adjust the price accordingly. But any price increase will only affect new users – if you get Pinegrow Interactions now, you’ll keep your original price for as long as your subscription is active.

So in the event that the Interactions add-on gives you an extreme satisfaction so that you use it very often for your creations, cancelling today with the idea of re-subscribing next year will probably cost you more.

VAT field is still available during the purchase process.
Note: Not at the exact same location as in our last screenshot BUT it is still there and will never be removed.

See https://pinegrow.com/docs/licensing-questions/about-charging-sales-tax-on-pinegrow-purchases/

For me it was already clear, like described and where @Emmanuel is referring to, that the “interactions and animations” add-on is only available subscription based. Because of the agreement and licensing deal they have with the “GreenSock GSAP Animation Library” which is used.

Due to recurring costs involved in licensing the best animation technology on the market, we’re unable to offer Interactions as a one-time purchase.

I must say that the introduction price of 25 dollar (ex VAT) is fairly priced and very affordable.

As I understand, when you now step in, with this introduction offer price, the yearly returning costs will also keep 25 dollar (ex VAT) each year and is not going to increase later. Which is very nice to know !!!

So 25 dollar each year (approximately 2 dollar a month)…
Not bad, for insane and exceptionally extensive Animation capabilities.

Later this price, as @Emmanuel explained, will increase to a level we don’t know yet what It will going to be.
But it seems a fact that it will increase later.

Luckily I have all the Pinegrow products (PG Webeditor Pro with WP Theme Builder, PG Snapshots, and PG Theme Converter) with a “Lifetime free update” deal. So I have no returning costs for them.

So I personally don’t mind, paying yearly for the Animation stuff (which look very impressive), and support the Pinegrow Team! Even when I will use it for only 1 project a year, I think it’s worth it.

But ofcourse everbody has his own opinion about this, if they like the subscription model with the returning costs. Which I understand and respect!

Normally I don’t like subscriptions, with conditions when you stop paying you can’t use a product anymore (and with no option for a previous fallback version). For that reason I abandon Adobe (like many others). And avoid products with the same model as much as possible.

Thanks for confirming this, and good to hear that it’s available!
I’m sure I will find it then, when I do my purchase.

So is this only for the subscription? I always do the one time payment and I already added the add on. If I renew my plan before expiration do I still get the same price?

OK you and the Green Socks website convinced me and I purchased the prescription, but I hope there is more development coming in updating Pinegrow it self with: PHP includes and <picture> <srcset> possibilities.

3 Likes

Offtopic: These are standard features in Wappler

Wappler Pro €399
billed yearly

This isn’t a solution for me… and since I missed out on a perm lic for PG, neither is PG.

So the lic for this new animator is moot, but a great price for $25/year. But, because of the yearly TOTAL subscription costs, it means nothing.

I do have 2 perm lic so far on the last 2 products, which I use from time to time.

If I could somehow “catch up” on my perm products, i.e., I’m missing PG Pro w/WP… then I’d be happy.

I’m not in dire straits here… BSS with VS Studio suits me fine and I can do everything I need to do without PG.

But I would buy PG Pro w/WP to have it with a perm lic, given the chance. Then the GS Animator yearly plugin would make sense, but not until then.

Note: I don’t really feel like I am missing out on anything and could do anything I need to do using notepad if I had to. But, of course, many will think that I am in “denial” when I am really not. You simply don’t miss what you don’t and haven’t used on a regular and normal basis.

I’m not throwing money away on subscriptions for any reason. This GS plugin would have been a first. But I am protected from having to make that decision.

@Marf: I can’t say that I am not a little bit envious, but 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. It just that I’m missing the most import one, i.e., PG Pro - WP. With no road map for me to catch up I’m irked.

@matjaz

ENDNOTE: I have decided to go with a non-expiring PRO/WP license with an IA added $25 subscription. I will make my purchase tomorrow (the 3rd).

The trial is working out great.

And, if for some reason I don’t get back into software and website creation and design, I will still have a great app (without updates) that works.

I know! It’s $38 more ($111.75+$25) just to have peace-of-mind, but to me it’s worth it.

It’s too bad it’s not $99 + $25, but I’m ok with it.

Did some tests and must say it’s a great app!

First Thing I encounter is:

*Choose a element with some text and select.
*Trigger Scrolling the Page
*RotateIn

When you have JS mode selected and the element has a animation fly inn type (the elements appears from nothing!) it is not possible to select the element anymore because obviously the JavaScript that’s activated hides the element…
Is it not more convenient to keep the element selectable despite the fact that JS is activated?

Paralax fading up on a image doesn’t work proper. The image stops half way up.

Hint: Pre-defined animations are cool and a great start to fully understand the Interactions flow. You can fully customize their behaviour from the timeline. Like the opacity and many more things to make your life easier :slight_smile:

If at any moment the element is set “outside” of the document, then you can select it from the tree I guess. (If I understand the feedback).

It’s more easy to be able to click on the element. But it’s no big issue.

We are pretty confident about the Interactions add-on features but if you think you have found an issue, feel free to contact us directly at support@pinegrow.com (send us a sample of your project with what you think is faulty) and we will check the situation.

1 Like

And thanks for your feedback, it means a lot to the whole Pinegrow team!

1 Like

HI, Well I just checked out the animation examples page in safari,NOT Pinegrow animator and … ouch.
The sound Toy made a nice visualisation, but no sound and totally froze my Mac (safari 12.1.1) for about 20 seconds! This happens each time I select that option.

And the picture list took forever to load (just looking at a blue screen, and scrolling up and down for some time, choosing another option, then returning and trying it again and Ah HA! there are the pictures!)
quicker the next few times, so an obvious serious delay when loading up the images.

Aaaand the revolving card animation doesnt work correctly in Safari either.
I see some slight tilt from side to side but the hi lighting is just a diagonal line that rotates anti/clockwise as I move the mouse around.

I have fired the same page up in Chrome and all seems to work well!
Again with the eternal delays and the Sound DOES work in Chrome…eventually.
it takes well over 10-15 seconds… I forgot to count as I was too worried about it freezing my Mac!
But it didnt.
Phew.
But I wont check it again in Safari, I was about too, but I want to make sure that this is sent first! :slight_smile:

So, is this specific to Safari, to this Greensock thing, or are the files called by the javascript massive or something, or is there some way of caching in the background which doesn’t happen?

I dont wish to pee on someones bonfire here, I am just asking as I wouldn’t want to use some of these on any sites visited by Safari if this is normal as it makes the site unusable and the sound one actually freezes the Mac, completely!

So I just checked it again in Chrome and the picture list took nearly 10 seconds to start to appear.
I did a speed test for my connection and got this
2019-11-29_12-04-15

Which is pretty impressive for around these parts :slight_smile:

So this is something to think about before stuffing a pile of animations on a website visited by standard Mac users et al.

mmm I also have a lot of Tabs open in Safari, so will test it again with just a few tabs open, but that wont be able to be done for a bit yet, so feel free to check it out and see if this animation weirdness is specific to me or global.

IF Global, what workarounds?

As usual, thanks a lot for the feedback (mostly about the sound issue with the soundtoy)

Regarding your other issues, my guess is that Safari javascript engine evolved a bit since macOS 10.12 Sierra which is a good thing for Animations/Interactions.

ah ok, well I am a bit overdue on a system update on this (not an OS upgrade) need to clear out some disk space, and shall get that done, see if it comes with any Safari updates that make a difference.
:slight_smile:
watch this space, but, alas, as usual I have a pile of other things to be doing first though.
None webby! gah! so dont hold your breathe, will try and get it done ASAP.

But, as an aside, I just checked out the browser share for Safari 12,
it would appear its the 2nd most popular according to this site.

https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
which kind of flys in the face of some other statistical sites, but there you go.
Something to be aware of.

Well… actually the stat website you shared is not taking into account two important factors, the region and devices. It sums up safari of all the apple ecosystem (iPhone, desktops, iwatches…) the sum of this makes it to that 13% but in fact, is much lower.
One should look for a specific target. And so animations which are mostly aimed for laptops and desktops ( no mobile devices as it is absolutely not good practice) should look like this, at least for me.

so it makes a miserable 6.8% of which al least half of that number is already on v.13.
Anyway, I have read that gsap 3 is out and that is much slimmer as a library and that PG should adopt it once it has stabilized. It’s on their road map.
Salute!

Nice.
Totally forgot the UC browser though, which is massive in Asia…on loads of platforms…
except Mac :slight_smile:

It would probably have been better to offer software at this stage of development as a free public beta. Furthermore, there is also the creeping transition to ABO models. I am angry and disappointed.

@horman
Can you please tell us more about your disappointment regarding the Interactions add-on features?

Apart from some issues, it is primarily the lack of documentation that makes it impossible to work with this software.