Introducing Pinegrow Interactions

Is this subscription tied to the license of PG or per installation? I have one non-subscription license to PG installed on a multiple boot operating system computer and a laptop. Will one subscription of the interactions plugin cover the same installation amount as Pinegrow or do I have to have separate subscriptions for each and every PG installation?

Well, here is the Interactions add-on documentation: https://pinegrow.com/docs/interactions/

@Terry44 we have a section related to the license. For more details, please contact us at support@pinegrow.com

1 Like

Thanks a lot, that went very fast.

The question I asked is not in that section. Is it a secret?

The PINEGROW WEB EDITOR SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT also apply to the Interactions add-on which - despite being an add-on that you have to purchase separately - is part of the app (ie:, the add-on canā€™t be used outside of Pinegrow).

1 Like

I have a commercial licence with GreenSock. Can I use PG Interations for free or will you make me pay for this PG upgrade?

I donā€™t think you will get the add-on for free.

If I was you, and Iā€™m notā€¦ (I neither have a GS license, nor am I into web design / development or animation at the moment). Iā€™m back onto my favorite way to spend time with the family, doing music.

Having said that, you are not missing anything. I have not seen any updates of any kind for IA.

What I had expected was that PG would spend the $150 on a yearly license and include GS into PG the way that they should have. Thatā€™s why I spent $25.

Here is what to doā€¦ and donā€™t waste your money. I didnā€™t want to spend $50 or $100 on GS, so I opted for IA. But nothing has really come of it.

Set up VS Code and tie it into PG so that they are syncā€™dā€¦ what you type in one shows up in the other.

Next follow the instructions on how to fire up GS within VS Code according to the GS website.

Once you do this, you should be as good as gold with PG and GS, without the limitations of IA and the cheesy IA/PG ā€œlicenseā€ terms.

All IA is at the moment is access to a timeline and interface to help non-coders do animations. And it does not have all of the GS animationsā€¦ and it doesnā€™t look like it will ever have them at this rate.

Because Pinegrow is a ā€œstandardā€ editor with visual features, just like with any javascript thing, you can use GSAP with Pinegrow since day one. With the help of GSAP documentation, you can edit your custom scripts from within Pinegrow with the internal editor or with an external editor like Atom or VSC.

However, because the Pinegrow Interactions add-on is powered by the GSAP engine BUT is ā€œnotā€ GSAP, you will need to purchase the Interactions add-on if you want to be able to use the Interactions features available in Pinegrow. (the visual timeline and so on > See our documentation).

You can read some interesting feedback about the add-on from satisfied customers (including from @Pervasive :wink: ) here ā†’ Short impression of the amazing interactions plugin

The Interactions add-on was released on November 27 and received its first update on December 10.

Yes, it is still easily worth $25 if you do not want to spend $50 or $100, or even $150 on GSAP directly. Anything that makes a repetitive job easier is easily worth $25 per year!

And thanks for the update / bug fixes.

I think it would be very useful to start working on a couple of video tutorials showing ā€œhow to buildā€ using the new interaction feature. I have been playing with it and I have to say it seems even much more advanced and powerful than the engine used by my friends at webflow.

So it would be a good thing having some video tutorials that will benefit both users and Pinegrow.
For example, building a page transition with pg interaction GUI. This below is made with gsap.

Donā€™t hide your power.

Great Job
Many thanks.

1 Like