Is there any support for "Post Format"

My sites’ posts are often a mixture of formats: some have a featured image, some are lengthy stories, some are just a couple of dozen words, some are mostly a photo gallery, and some may be a single image. When a number of these are listed together, a single format isn’t adequate. WordPress has a feature call post format, and the only support that I can find for in in Pinegrow is the line in functions.php which says that my theme supports all of the standard formats.

My problem is that as soon as I put some PHP in (say) category.html, like:

if ( has_post_format( ‘video’ )) {
echo ‘this is the video format’;
}
then my understanding is that Pinegrow probably breaks.

So my question is did I miss some Pinegrow function that would allow me to output X if it’s an aside and Y if it’s an image and Z otherwise, or, if not, is there another way to do what I want?

Many Thanks!

When there is no support in Pinegrow UI for a specific case or feature, this is where you have to hand-tweak your theme according to your needs :slight_smile:

As a start, maybe you can have a look at this: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats

1 Like

Thanks. I’d been there. That’s where the snippet of PHP came from, I think. My worry was that putting PHP in the pinegrow “source” (category.html) would break it. However, today I saw that the page single,html from wp Starter has php all through it, so I’m going to stop worrying and try it!