My Features List & Bugs Found

Here are some features that I am used to in the editors I currently use and features that would be nice adding in Pinegrow’s current features.

1:> Do not reformat my code unless I choose it to be. Make the pretty code formatting happen when I tell it to IF I tell it to. I believe in other code editors it is called Tidy Code.

2:> Ability to define my own save locations for backups, i use my own file structures and having Pinegrow interject it’s own folder system into my already existing structure is not acceptable.

3:> Add Emmet Support or provide functions like:

In code editor Highlight a line and by pressing an html or source code tag that line is wrapped inside that opening and closing tag. If the cursor is at the beginning of a line and I write an opening tag tha closing tag should auto appear at the end of the line without me having to do anything. Having the ability to turn this on and off in settings would be great too.

<span>Here is some content</span>

Dragging and dropping for instance an list item code block from the library it would then be

<li><span>Some content here</span></li>

4:> Dragging and dropping a tag onto an existing one in the tree will wrap that line with that tag in code and showing in the tree. If I grab a List Item from the library and drag it over to a span tag or whatever the case maybe that dropped on tag should now be surrounded with List Item <li><span>Some content here</span></li> or <li class="myclass"><span>Some content here</span></li> basically whatever is being dropped should surround that which is being dropped on.

– Bug –
5:> If you have tags that are close to each other like

`

• Line here

• Line here

• Line here

• Line here
`

It is impossible to select the surrounding parent UL in the visual editor. I have to use the tree to select it, the outline in the canvas just is not available any other way.

I will update this list as I come across things.

6:> Preview in browser does not allow to select which browser you want to preview in. It either does default or copies link to page to clip board which is NOT a preview in browser option in any other editor I have ever seen. You should have a list of installed browsers that is automatically populated with the installed browsers and not show any that are not installed OR allow for the user to manually enter the details of all the browsers installed on their system which would then appear on a list for choosing to open the page directly in that chosen browser.

– Bug –
7:> CSS Rules the Font / Text section the Family option when you select and use the up and down arrow keys the Font Family options are not scrolled instead you get a numerical pixel value that is incremented or decremented

8:> There is no option in the CSS Rule creation options for Border Color or Type of border like solid, dotted etc…

The border color option should be like the Font color is with the color picker and also the Type should be a drop down with the options and if I use up or down arrow keys it should scroll through them so I can choose them easily that way too.