Pinegrow 10 looks good but..........!

Hi Pinegrow staff,

Gongrats with Pinegrow 10 looking good!

The only thing that’s still lacking is the possibility to download and maintain your dependencies from Github or elsewhere.

This is how it is done in Codekit:

And is something very important for every project I create and the main reason I only use Pinegrow for HTML proto typing only!

David

Thanks David!

Pinegrow works with normal HTML files, so isn’t it possible to use such a dependency management app externally? It does not have to be done directly in Pinegrow, and there are other apps that specialize in this.

For example, using Codekit to manage dependencies for a static project that you also edit in Pinegrow?

Matjaz

Hi Matjaz,

Codekit works with all code, creates Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation and TailwindCSS framework setups including JavaScript, SCSS and CSS. It optimzes all code, all image extensions including SVG etc. etc. It updates and maintains dependencies from Github NPM. It uses HTML includes in the .kit extension that can be used like PHP includes.

So it makes not much sense to use Pinegrow aside from that because any normal code editor (Sublime Text or VS Code) gives easier and better results along with Codekit.

The problem I have with Pinegrow is that it makes it way more complicated to built a website and maintain the website in a relaible way. I tried Pinegrow multiple times on big projects and only got problems with it.

Where Pinegrow shines for me is HTML Prototyping with for example Bootstrap and I use it to build blocks or animations with Interactions in Bootstrap setups.

David

(post deleted by author)