Pinegrow nwjs.exe remaining TSR in Windows 10?

Windows 10: Every time I close Pinegrow gracefully at least 3 nwjs.exe modules remain open, using up to 25% CPU until I kill the processes in Task Manager.

Am I missing a setting where I can completely shut down Pinegrow AND any JS modules that may be open, on Exit?

Thanks,
Adam

1 Like

Noticed the same thing but is not always.

Did you find a solution for this?

Perhaps - using “X” to close the App is probably not the exact same process as File>Quit. If I use the “X” to Exit, nwjs.exe seems to remain open in the background - but if I use File>Quit then nwjs.exe doesn’t seem to run in the background, But it is not 100% all the time. I think it might also be something to do with “Previewing a Page in your Browser”. I think, if you do that, it spawns a process which remains open when you exit. These are just guesses, based on what I have observed…

I have encountered this, but when it happens for you and you have Pinegrow open again, does it show any error warning message.

For me, when it happens, Pinegrow picks the next available port (40001) and this breaks the live sync with VS code (via the vs-code pinegrow plugin which expects to talk with 40000)…

Hard to reproduce, as this happens randomly, would be good if Pinegrow team can look into it.

What I usually do is exit Pinegrow, then run this in Terminal (I’m on a mac):
lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN

and kill the redundant one… and then re-open Pinegrow.

1 Like