Publishing static site to regular web hosting

Hi,
I am totally new with Pinegrow. I want to use it to create a static site, no Wordpress. So far I have only just installed the pinekit as a project. I am wondering how I get from there to having html, css and js files that I can upload to hosting. The project folder isn’t it for sure and there is no export function in the file menu.
Thanks for your help
Dietmar

If you clicked on “+ New project” and selected “Pinekit Bootstrap Blocks” you then would have had to have chosen a starter template to open and save to a folder. When you open that folder as a project folder, all the files you need are created there. There’s no need for exporting. All the files are already in the project folder.

2 Likes

Hi Cary, thanks a lot. In the project folder there are two folders _pg-backup and _pg-info. I guess those are not needed for the hosting? And there is no index.html, just a template-index.html. Do I need to change the name of that to index.html? Or is there another trick?
Thanks again
Dietmar

Adding a .gitignore (if doing automated deployment) will help a lot as it’s relied upon everywhere especially when it comes to hosting.

You could refer to this thread to decide on which ones you want to exclude - What should we include in our .gitignore file?.

There is also a project.pgml file in the root of your project (when using Design panel) that you could exclude.

With regards to home page, its best to rename your current one into index.html which again is a widely adopted convention. If not, then each hosting provider generally let you choose it as your homepage, through configurations in their UI, or through a config file, for eg, netlify.toml or vercel.json added to your project root.

Also, right-click on your project root in File Panel and choose Publish and you can preview your site netlify (free).

Hey,

You just need an index.html as your homepage. Pinegrow creates all the rest for you. Just upload your project folder (except _pg-backup, _pg-info and pine grow.json) via a FTP application to your hosting server and it should work!

1 Like