Visual helpers tools problems from version 7.5 on PG WP projects [Fixed]

Hello,

I noticed, that from version 7.5 Visual helper tools are broken in Pinegrow WordPress projects. Two issues I’ve faced so far:

• I can’t visually select elements in page view, while Visual helpers toggle is active
  • When opening a page, Server-side scripts are hidden, even though I have Visual helpers toggle active. This can be resolved by deactivating- and reactivating Visual helpers tools manually, which shows Server-side scripts
  • The deactivation and reactivation doesn’t resolve the first issue though: I can’t make visual selection work in page view
  • Everything works as expected on non-WP PG projects, but issues are consistenty present on PG WP projects

Please let me know if there’re any other details I could add.

Thanks,
Márton Lente

Don’t forget to also remind your operating system when reporting issues.
By the way, I believe you’re still using Linux openSUSE Tumbleweed 20230527, right?

Based on my initial tests, I haven’t encountered this issue yet (currently using macOS and PopOS/Ubuntu 22.04 LTS). If you could kindly create a quick screencast and reach out to the support team, that would be much appreciated.

Hello @Emmanuel ,

Thanks for reminding me. Yes, it’s right, I’m running Pinegrow 7.5 on openSUSE Tumbleweed 20230527.

Currently I’m not able to post a screencast here, but can send it in a private channel if needed. However, I precisely can detail what I experience. I copy here the important points:

For reference, I can confirm that in version 7.4 the above work as expected.

Best,
Márton Lente

Hello again,

I was actually referring to sending it to our support address instead. I believe that would be the most suitable option. Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

Note: Please use a file-sharing service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer to share files with us, rather than sending them directly to our email addresses. All you need to do is create a private share link and include it in your message to us.

If possible, please avoid setting an expiration date for your shared files, as our team might not be able to review them immediately. This ensures that we can access the files whenever necessary. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Also, as mentioned earlier, I have also successfully tested the use case on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

1 Like

@martonlente there is probably a red error notice displayed in the Dev tools console on click. Please share that as well.

Hello,

Thank you for your tips. I sent a short screen recording illustrating the issue to support email address.

As well, I noticed an error message in console that might relate to this. I’m pasting it here for reference:

/home/lentem/Letölté…compiler-path.js:28 Uncaught Error: Embedded Dart Sass couldn't find the embedded compiler executable. Please make sure the optional dependency sass-embedded-linux-x64 is installed in node_modules.
    at /home/lentem/Letöltések/PinegrowLinux64.7.5/node_modules/sass-embedded/dist/lib/src/compiler-path.js:28:11
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/lentem/Letöltések/PinegrowLinux64.7.5/node_modules/sass-embedded/dist/lib/src/compiler-path.js:32:3)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1183:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1243:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1061:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:902:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1085:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:98:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/lentem/Letöltések/PinegrowLinux64.7.5/node_modules/sass-embedded/dist/lib/src/async-compiler.js:10:25)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1183:14)

Thanks,
Márton

1 Like

Thank you for the log and the received video.

Does the issue occur with other projects as well, or is it specific to this one?

For instance, if you start a new blank project, what is the behavior of the functionality?

I appreciate your cooperation in providing further details. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional information.

Hello @Emmanuel ,

Thanks for further assistence.

• Yes, the issue is consistently present on all three different Pinegrow WP projects I tested with version 7.5. (All projects work fine in 7.4.)
  • The issue isn’t present on simple non-WP PG projects though, which work just fine.

I checked, and the console error above also is present when working with non-WP PG projects that work just fine, so it might not be related to this.

Best,
Márton

Hello @martonlente ,

We have indeed discovered a glitch in the setup of the Linux version 7.5, and we have fixed it.

For those who have already downloaded the previous setup and would like to get the updated version, you can still use the same official download link: Pinegrow Web Editor 7.5 - May 29, 2023 | Pinegrow Web Editor

If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out. We are confident that the updated version will provide a smoother experience.

Best regards,

3 Likes