Web Hosting deal. 8 years, $127, 16 sites, Wordpress migration tools etc etc

Ok, so who knows anything about this deal?

http://static.eightwebhosting.com/special/

They also do a 4 site deal too, $97

those two lists go on a lot longer…
I have to admit, it looks like one hell of an offer!

Opinions?

I know nothing, but it sounds to good to be true. This is the same guy contacting the marketing team. There seems to be a lot of hype.

https://lifetime.hosting/jv/

If you want something like this, it’s best to put forward the cash and bite-the-bullet; but it’s not for everyone. Server security can be a BIG issue if you don’t know what you are doing.

I have a Windows 2016 64-bit IIS Server, 3.50+ GHz Cores, 8GB Memory, 160GB SSD, 2TB HD, and ‘True’ Unlimited/Unmeter Bandwidth.

My network speeds run over 400Mbps easy. Just ran one test… 8ms ping, 627.6 Mbps Down, 587.92 Mbps Up. Shop around! I pay $40/month and have over 100 Users registered.

Don’t fall for hype. If it sounds too good, it usually is!

I see (what appears to be) a lot of good things, but I also see a few lies on their comparison chart.

The problem is, for an established business, switching hosts is always a gamble. If you’ve only got one (or a few) sites, it’s not that big a deal. For me to switch providers, I’d need to upload 70+ websites and migrate dozens of email accounts (a nightmare I don’t even want to imagine.) So right off the bat, the 16 site limit makes this a no-go for me.

I’ve been using Hostgator for over 10 years with a shared server business hosting package that costs me about $200 a year and I’ve never had any problems. If it works, don’t mess with it.

Hear Hear!
And, if you can afford it.
That sounds like a pretty amazing deal too for 70 clients.
Again, HGator, sometimes gets slated, but if you have had no probs awesome.
I thought of using them too, but I’m currently still Cyber Squatting My mates Reseller account with no issues, so shall carry on playing there.
…actually , I think I have a hosting package somewhere too of my own that I have done no justice too…
Mmmmm must find!

Also, what little Or glaring Porky Pies did you come across on their site young man?

On their comparison chart, they’ve got some incorrect claims. For example, Hostgator does hosting and domain registrations (they say it doesn’t.) Hostgator clearly has proven success with long term hosting (they say it doesn’t.) Hostgator offers a free domain, free SSL, and UNLIMITED domains (not just 16) for $71 for the the first year. There are other things, but you get the idea. They’re basically lying.

ah cheers for that. Yes, your deal seems super

I have to laugh every time I read this… “what glaring :star2::star2:Porky Pies:star2::star2:”, indeed? :rofl: :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::sunglasses:

1 Like