I can't open Pinegrow 7.7 / MacOS

Hi. My english is very limited, sorry.
I’m having problems with version 7.7 on an M1 Mac. (macOS 13.5.2). After installing the latest version I can open the app and it asks me for my email and password (I think previous versions -updating- did not ask me for this but I may be wrong). After closing Pinegrow I can’t open it again and I have to reinstall it, enter email and password… Over and over again.

@Josan Silly question… did you install it by dragging it into the application folder, or are you trying to run it from the DMG file? I’ve mistakenly done the latter more than I’d like to admit, and it can cause the issues you described.

1 Like

Thanks for your support, Adam.
I already thought that might have been it, Adam. But I have installed and deleted it five or six times (I have even deleted several programs that I barely used to test). First I installed as usual: dragging the icon over the Applications folder and replacing Pinegrow; I have also tried deleting the application first and installing it later (deleting in two ways: by dragging the icon to the trash and with the CleanMyMac X application).
At the moment, I have reinstalled version 7.6, which does work for me.

Damn, I was hoping this would be an easy one. I’m also running macOS 13.5.2 and can’t reproduce the issue with the M1 version of Pinegrow 7.7.1 (did you notice they did another update at some point?). My only other suggestion would be to try clearing the ~/Library/Application Support/Pinegrow folder.

1 Like

I have tried your suggestion of deleting “Pinegrow folder”. I have tried version 7.7.1. Every time I open Pinegrow it generates a new “Pinegrow folder” that prevents me from opening Pinegrow again after closing it. If I delete “Pinegrow folder” again I can reopen Pinegrow. And, in this way, I enter an infinite loop: open, close, delete, open…

1 Like

@Josan what happens when you try to restart PG? Does the window show up?

Can you try running from the terminal with and seeing if any useful error messages show up:

./PinegrowMacARM64.7.71.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
1 Like

Hi, Matjaz.
Nothing happens. Nothing appears.
I don’t know how to work with the terminal, I’m a newbie.

If the problem is still there, I invite you to contact the support.

1 Like

Thank you, Emmanuel.

Hello !!

Same problem here with a Mac M1.

Best regards,

Vincent from Ufo Agency.

1 Like

Same problem for me. I’ve completely removed the application, re-downloaded the install package, drag the Application to the Applications folder and the attempt to launch the program. It flashes for a moment and then closes.

Mac M1 with Ventura 13.5.2

1 Like

I am the initiator of this thread. Yesterday I tried reinstalling Ventura 13.5.2. Because? Out of desperation… Now I can work with version 7.7.1, but a bug remains: I cannot work in full screen and the “maximize” button that appears in the modal does not work, I have to enlarge the window manually.

I am the initiator of this thread. Yesterday I tried reinstalling Ventura 13.5.2. Because? Out of desperation… Now I can work with version 7.7.1, but a bug remains: I cannot work in full screen and the “maximize” button that appears in the modal does not work, I have to enlarge the window manually.
I dare not claim that reinstalling the system was the solution. Correlation does not imply causation.

Following the introduction of version 7.7, we have indeed identified an issue related to the update of a major component of Pinegrow (NWJS) specifically concerning M1/M2 distributions for Mac.

As a matter of urgency, we have immediately implemented a “live” fix, which means that it does not require downloading a new version but temporarily limits fullscreen display.

However, as we have explained to @Josan this fix is a temporary workaround and also, it does not address the problem for those who already had version 7.6 installed and have already downloaded and launched the application in version 7.7.

If you find yourself in this situation, please contact the support so that we can provide you with a minimally disruptive workaround while we work to resolve this situation.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Same “maximize” issue here. Hoping for a fix soon :slightly_smiling_face:

The update that lets you again use the full screen mode is out. Please re-download Pinegrow 7.71 from Pinegrow Web Editor | Website Builder for Professionals

3 Likes

Thank you, Matjaz and Emanuel.

1 Like

Thank you, Matjaz and Emanuel.

Thank you, Matjaz and Emanuel. And all the staf…

1 Like

Unfortunately, the program has stopped working. When you click on the icon, nothing happens. I reinstalled, uninstalled, even changed the folder. Nothing helps.