One-Time Payment Plan with Interactions subscription licensing and compatibility

I’m trying to determine what license (subscription or one-time) to go for. But some things are not very clear.

Say I buy the Pinegrow Pro with WordPress One-Time Payment Plan and the Interactions add-on subscription. After a few updates renewals and add-on subscription renewals I decide not to pay for update renewals anymore.

1. When continue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription, is there any guarantee that it will keep working correctly with my “older” Pinegrow version ?

2. When I decide to also discontinue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription, will I be able to keep using the last paid for Interaction add-on version ?

3. When I decide to also discontinue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription (so that I’m able to use Greensock directly from JS) will I be able to use Pinegrow Interactions with a Greensock paid license instead ?

1. When continue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription, is there any guarantee that it will keep working correctly with my “older” Pinegrow version ?

You will still have Interactions within your version of Pinegrow, but just like your Pinegrow app, it will not be updated anymore as it is included within Pinegrow but activated if your license is valid. This not an “external” plugin.

Note: So if you want the very last version of the Interactions add-on, you will have to renew your Pinegrow license as well.

2. When I decide to also discontinue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription, will I be able to keep using the last paid for Interaction add-on version ?

No, Interactions features will not be available anymore within Pinegrow. Your projects with interactions will remain ok, but it will not be possible to use the Interaction UI to make modifications/improvements.

3. When I decide to also discontinue renewing the Interaction add-on subscription (so that I’m able to use Greensock directly from JS) will I be able to use Pinegrow Interactions with a Greensock paid license instead ?

Yes. You can use Greensock since almost day one with Pinegrow. However, Greensock is not Pinegrow Interactions so you will not be able to use the Interactions add-on features / UI / Timeline and so on.

Thanks, that are very clear answers.
The term “add-on subscription” mentioned on the One-Time Payment tab in the Buy section, suggests that Interactions is something external. Hence the misunderstanding.

Thanks,

I have added these answers to our current Interactions FAQ here: https://docs.pinegrow.com/docs/interactions/license/

Cheers.

2 Likes

If this is thge case: “You will still have Interactions within your version of Pinegrow, but just like your Pinegrow app, it will not be updated anymore as it is included within Pinegrow but activated if your license is valid. This not an ‘external’ plugin.”

Then why is the Interactions add-on subscription not offered in the current sale, where one-time payment for the Editor itself is? Now we pay for extending the one-time period, but there will be an extra $50 license (in November or December) when the early adopters have to pay for an extra year of Interactions.

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense to me with the one-time payments. It’s possible to upgrade (read: continue license) the editor with or without WP, but the ‘embedded’ Interactions add-on doesn’t have an reduced offering on continuation.

Bets regards,
Maik

If they would grant the 50% discount to us, the Pinegrow team will also be able to do half of what is linked to in the following forum post. I urge you to read that linked content. :

1 Like

Curious question, why is Interaction’s not available for One-Time Payment?

Licensing… GreenSock Proprietary code library.
They struck a deal with them to include it in Pinegrow for the Interactions library…
AAAaaand That’s how it panned out with GreenSock.

It’s not the FULL Greensock JS library if I remember correctly… but that would cost. you, umm, some more $

1 Like